Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Letter Home

Family,
     It's been six months since I've sent my last letter. And today is the first time I've read your reply. I miss you all. And, I'm afraid the situation here has changed. I'm not driving ambulances anymore. We have lost hundreds of our men. The General of our base has had no choice. I'm out in the field now. On the battle field. The first women to be on the battle field. They chose me because of the accuracy I obtain with guns. Thank God papa taught me. I would have been sent to be a nurse instead of an ambulance driver, and being a nurse is so much worse than anyone could ever imagine. I was a nurse for a month before I was sent to the field. I've watched so many of my friends die from disease and extensive, life-threatening wounds. I've watched loved ones die. And I've held those dying in my arms as their last embrace. It was time I avenged my friends. And time I searched for Tommy. I haven't seen him in five months. General Lane said he's MIA, and that there is no point to search any longer. But i haven't given up hope. My brother is out there and alive and I will find him. I promise. And soon I will be home and they'll send fresh troops like they do every eight months. I vow I will find our brother and bring him home when I do. I will spend the rest of the time I have here in search for Tommy. The next time we talk I will be home with our brother. I promise.
                        
                                                                           I love you all, and take care,
                                                                                                  Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment